Monday, October 1, 2001

Connections


I was sitting in my office, feet on desk, handset to ear and vaguely looking through the French doors when.... "Gotta go! Later!" {click}

Sorry about the disconnect.

Yes, Rosco escaped, in literally a split second. I just saw him and then I didn't. I grabbed my keys and dashed for the truck, barking at Fips to hurry UP! Anyways, after a drive down Hilderbrand, a drive down Mirabel and again down Hilderbrand I finally found him, making his oversexed way to the bitch in heat.

I was at once relieved and filled with an urge to throttle him. The little coot looked back, saw the truck and came around to the open driver's side door; as if ... Oh well, I'm being picked up now.

"Ooooh Rosci!" I squealed, "goooo boy. C'mon up!"

These escapades are SOOOO unnerving. He's so small, I worry cars won't see him. Even when I have a good idea where he is headed I have to drive slow in case he darts out from some roadside bush. Running over your own dog would be a nightmare. Last year, he headed down toward Mirabel/Hwy 29, as I started out after him, I saw a car stopping in the distance. Heart thumps. I thought they had just run him over. Actually they were stopping to try to stop him.

Anyways, he's back now and tied up.

.

No comments: