Monday, March 9, 2009

Ultra-Friskie

Went for a pad-about a little before sun-down. The air was crisp and chill. Fips was ultra-friskie. I don't think I've seen him this friskie ever. He was almost continually running all over the place and faster than usual and in high headed alert. Of course, I didn't have my cam with me. Grrr.

A couple of times, his left rear leg "fell out". This happened mostly on the grass and probably over a bump or hole that wasn't visible. Still, it seems to me his back leg is getting weaker or loosing control ... but not when he runs.

I'm always conscious that he's going on 15... and this awareness of relentless time makes me sad. At the same time, it's truly wonderful how healthy and frisky he continues to be. To continue on that way until the very end is the best, the most and all I wish for him.

.

No comments: