Wednesday, September 27, 1995

Lothar's Letter



SNIFF, SNIFF, ARF! -- [Translation:] "Hello, my name is LOTHAR. I am a 4-5 month old, black lab puppy. I need a home where I will be cared for and loved. I love to run around, and play and tussle and paddle around in the water. Most of all I want to find a two-footed companion I can trust, look up to and be loyal to.

"My rescuers found me running about loose without tags. I was afraid of their hands, but they took me home gently and spent a lot of time hugging me and petting my head. They gave me really good chow to eat. They gave me chew and tug toys and play with me. Now I do bellies up for them and wag my tail when I see them. I know they will never hurt me, even when they make the "No" bark. They also have a little dachshund who is fun to chase and run around with. I like to steal his toys. He steals mine too. It's fun.

"But my rescuers look at me sadly. They say they can't keep me because they live an an apartment which is not a good place for a dog like me.

"Please, please, if you have or know of a home for me call Mark or Mike at 510 272 9077. I want to have a fun life. I need a good owner. I don't want to be put in a cage and, most of all, I don't ever want to be hit again."

Woof!

Lothar the Lab

.

No comments: